So I'm now at "goal". That is to say, I've made all the weight loss-related goals I started with. I lost over 90 pounds, I have a normal BMI, and I'm in a size smaller than 10, my initial size goal. I really didn't have any goals beyond that. I did develop a few new goals along the way and I've managed to knock off most of them too.
But I don't really feel "done."
Sure, I look pretty good in my clothes and my shapewear. But I do have fat that I can get rid of and want to get rid of. I'd like to have a resting pulse rate and a body fat percentage that is closer to the "athlete" range instead of the "somewhat fit, old broad" range as well. I also have a lot of new sports-related goals that I didn't have before.
So here is my updates list of goals:
Get off my BP meds
Get rid of my plantar fasciitis once and for all
Get rid of my GERD
Go swimming with my daughter and stop making excuses every time she asks because I don't want to deal with appearing in a bathing suit in public
Be at least a size 10, maybe smaller, and to shop in regular stores and not just the fat old lady department at Macys
Get down to 175
No longer be clinically obese
Get down to 155
Have a normal BMI
- Get down to 125 (possible goal weight?)
- Be in a true size 6
- Have a body fat percentage in the 18 - 22% range
- Get my resting pulse rate into the low 50s
Walk 10,000 steps a day at least 4 days a week
Complete a 5K
- Complete a Sprint Triathlon
- Complete a Sprint Triathlon in under 2:30
- Complete a Century Ride
- Complete a 10K
- Be able to run a marathon
- Complete an Ironman or at least a HIM
- Give my inner "skinny bitch" the body she deserves.
- Live into my 90s as one of those cantakerous little old ladies with 10x as much energy as the youngsters I run circles around (so far so good)
So when will I be done?
All I can say is: I'll know when I know. But the body fat % and size goals are probably the two key "done" goals on my current list.